Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to Art Eminence.
I've been a fine artist for over 30 years. My specialty is portraiture. I worked as an illustrator for 15 years for an art distributor. My job was to use every kind of media to create every kind of subject matter. So, I guess that has made me a jack of all trades. For the past 5 years I've had to come to grips with a diminishing ability to see the world as clearly as I had for so many years. So now I'm an artist who struggles to see yet sees clearly how amazing the gift of art is to have and to lose.

My background has provided a new path to explore. I have written web content, have reviewed books, have served on many boards for a wide variety of art organizations. I help manage Almont Gallery in Waukesha, WI. I show in Algoma at the Flying Pig Gallery and Greenspace and Art & Soul in Wauwatosa. I work with so many amazing artists. I volunteer as an art advocate. I also work extensively in marketing and promoting myself and other artists.

The name Art Eminence comes from my belief that art is a powerful force; emotionally, physically, economically and spiritually. Art has the power to transform nothing into anything. It brings a quality of life that cannot be expressed in words or statistics. If you are an artist, I hope to motivate you to place value on your work and on your profession. I urge you to never underestimate your ability to influence the world around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment